One vision, one team, countless possibilities
Are you looking to use your skills and unique gifts to make a real difference in your community? At the Y, you will be part of a vibrant and diverse network of people whose shared vision is to change lives and make our communities home to the healthiest children, teens, adults and families.
Title: Membership Sales and Service Staff
Reports to: Membership and BAP Director Position
Status: Part Time – 1 position available
Wage: Hourly – $12.55/hr
Start Date: November 1, 2020 or as soon as possible
Location: Fundy YMCA in Cornwallis, a branch of the YMCA of Southwest Nova Scotia
The Fundy YMCA is looking for a dynamic self-starter to join our team as Membership Sales and Service Staff reporting to the Membership and BAP Director. The YMCA of Southwest Nova Scotia provides vital services such as health, fitness and recreation, childcare, newcomer and youth programs. The YMCA is an inclusive organization connecting people to lifelong opportunities and enhances their quality of life.
We are specifically looking for the right candidate who is flexible in their availability. We are open Monday through Friday 6am-9pm and on Saturday and Sunday, 9am-5pm. The hours will typically be between 15 – 25 per week with the possibility for more when coverage is needed for vacation or other time off.
The YMCA Experience
At the YMCA we know that our ability to partner with others in our community is through the passion and dedication of our employees and volunteers. In joining the YMCA you will become part of a dedicated network of individuals with great passion for providing a holistic support to the communities in which we serve.
• Greeting and assisting members and visitors when they arrive at the YMCA
• Promoting YMCA programs and services to members and visitors
• Recording membership financial transactions
• Calling members for different promotions or retention reasons
• Fielding phone calls and email requests from members and the public
• Being knowledgeable about all departments at the Y in order to best answer questions members and visitors may have
• This role can be fast paced at times and slower at others
• Participating in ongoing training in areas pertaining to Child Protection
• A fun, friendly, and supportive work environment
• Feedback, coaching, and mentoring
• Awesome learning and development experiences
• A complimentary staff membership to the Y
• Customer (member) focused
• Ability to work well on your own and within a team
• Comfort in working with and speaking to the public (our members and visitors)
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
• Comfortable with computers and internet-based software
• Having fun while maintaining professionalism – we work together to create a welcoming and inclusive environment for all
• Schedule flexibility
• Note: Successful candidates will be required to provide a current and satisfactory Criminal Record Check/Vulnerable Sector Check, Child Abuse Registry Check, and proof of valid First Aid and CPR training. Employees will be required to attend YMCA Child Protection Training.
Please email your cover letter and resume in one document to: Shannon at email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you. Interviews will happen as we receive applications and will be conducted via Zoom or in person.
The YMCA of Southwest Nova Scotia is an equal opportunity employer that values the diversity of people and communities and is committed to excellence and inclusion in our Association. We are committed to an environment that is barrier free. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please inform us in advance to arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation.