YMCA of Southwest Nova Scotia
Fundy YMCA fundyYMCA.com
August 13, 2021
Dear Members, Visitors, and the greater community,
Thank you to everyone for being patient with us while we continue to navigate the loss of our space in Basinview Centre. We know many of you have been waiting on updates about the future of the Fundy YMCA, credits on your accounts, program offerings, etc.
The YMCA of Southwest Nova Scotia has been operating for over 30 years and the Fundy YMCA has been an important part of this community for almost 10 years. There is still much uncertainty about the long terms plans for the Fundy YMCA, but what we do know is that it will likely look different than it has in the past. However, we have been offering, and plan to continue to offer, valuable services and programs to this community.
Changing in response to the current times is what has helped the YMCA persist for over 170 years as an organization. This is one of those times where we must adapt. The process will unfold over several months and while we may not have all the answers at this time, our commitment to the community remains steadfast.
Our team has worked very hard to put together and deliver high quality programming for children, youth, and families this summer. We are:
- Delivering swim lessons at Annapolis Community Pool
- Delivering swim lessons at Bear River First Nations
- Providing life guarding services at Annapolis Community Pool and Bear River First Nations
- Hosting community pop up events around Annapolis, Cornwallis, and Bear River
- Hosting a youth leadership workshop
- Running a summer day camp
We are absolutely delighted by the community response to all the programming we have on offer. You have shown up in droves to support us and we can not thank you all enough. We continue to pivot with the seasons. As summer day camp wraps up in just a couple of weeks, we are getting ready to expand our programming.
We are excited to announce that we will be opening a small cardio space, free weights area, and in person group fitness classes.
- The fitness space will operate out of Atlantis Hall – 180 Atlantic Avenue, Cornwallis, beginning on September 7, 2021
YMCA of Southwest Nova Scotia Fundy YMCA fundyYMCA.com 902-638-9622
- We will have an open house on Friday, September 3, 2021, so that you can see the space, visit with us, and see your friends from the Y
- Access to this space will be $10.00 plus tax per week
- You will have the option to pay for multiple weeks at once if that is preferable to you
- The weekly rate will include all fitness areas, in person group fitness classes, and the YMCA@Home+ online catalogue of live and on demand group fitness classes
- The Clark Rutherford Memorial School After School Program will kick off on September 7, 2021, based out of CRMS. Registration will open August 16, 2021.
- We are exploring opening after school programs at Champlain Elementary School and Bridgetown Regional Community School if we can secure: space, enough staff, and sufficient registrations
All memberships are on hold and no payments have been taken since April 2021. Memberships will remain on hold until further notice. For anyone who has a credit on their account from an Annual Membership, gift certificate, or another reason, we have options for you:
- If you would like to leave your credit with us as a donation towards our operations, we can issue you a tax receipt. We would love your support!
- If you would like to use your credit towards our programming on offer, we can set that up
- If you would like us to refund your credit, we are happy to arrange that for you
For all credit related enquiries, please contact us, starting August 30, 2021 at membership@fundyYMCA.com or call us at 902-638-9622. Please also contact us if your specific situation has not been addressed here.
Thank you for your continued support and trust in us. We look forward to seeing you in person soon!
Yvonne Smith CEO
YMCA of Southwest Nova Scotia